Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My Ladies are Movin' Out and Up!

On Saturday I helped the girls move out of their old apartments in Chiokawa (rural suburb of Shimo) and into their really nice new apartments in Downtown Shimodate. They are now officially my Shimo-Girls! YEAH! The only big problem of the day was the incredible hangover we all had.

Since we arrived home around 6-7ish (I really have no idea what time it was) ,we were only able to grab a few hours of sleep before their bosses arrived. Unfortunatley, their bosses showed up over an hour and a half EARLY! They were there even before the alarm went off. So what did we do? We sucked it up and started to get our hung over (still drunk in some cases), sleep deprived butts up and moving.

There was a few squables throughout the day... but we got both the girls moved and settled without any bloodshed. After a quick shower we headed out to Glass Day italian restaurant and had ourselves a well deserved meal of Gorganzola Penne and a beve of Vino. Our good (japanese) friends Daichi and Sagi-san joined us for dinner and came back to the apartment for a few beers afterwards. Jen and Drew (who now live about 4 blocks from the girls, which is great because they don't have a car) met us and everyone started to wind down from the long day.

After a certain amount of inebreation, we WALKED out butts to our New karaoke joint no less that 10 minutes from the girls new apartment. Since we have never been to "DREAM" karaoke, we didn't know what to expect. However, it wasn't that bad. It was clean, it had western toilets, a medium selection of engligs song... but the best part was the fact that you can bring in your own drinks. Hello... we can bring in our oun drinks!???!!!!!!!!

The Shidax is still my personal favorite, but going to Dream will be a nice change, especially since we won't have to worry about paying for a cab at the end of the night.

The girls' new apartment is walking distance to a Co-Co's, Denny's, A bento-box restaurant, and our favorite ramen shop. You can litteraly smell the ramen in the air. MMMmmmm RAMEN. It is also about 4 blocks from the train station, so hopefully more people will come to the girls' parties in the future (however, we seem to have enough people come anyways... the only problem now is, is that we are closer to the police station).

On Sunday, I spent the first half of the day with Crystal as she shopped for her new place. We went to lunch at our favorite (and only) indian restaurant and dined on spicy curry and garlic nan. It's a small place, just a couple of booths, but the food is great and the server speaks some english. I think he likes us, because he gave Crystal-lu and I yougart smoothies on the house!

I spent the remainder of the day putting together Crystal's new kitchen cabinet thing. It took me about 2 hours to complete it. It wasn't that it was in japanese (because, trust me...it was), it was just that there was so many damn parts. It came in two boxes and had about 50 seperate pieces to assemble. Thank the goddess I ROCK at putting stuff like this together!

I love the girls' new places ad I can't wait to spend many a saturday night at their new apartments... which happen to be right on top of each other (which means no more drunken nights of carrying Tressa chan's air mattress down the street at 3am in the rain). Let the good times continue...

No comments: