Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, May 18, 2006

Girls Night In

Wednesday evenings have become somewhat of a ritual in my world. After school I run to the market, run home, frantically clean my house (aka shove everything in closets) and start dinner. Why all the hard work? Because Wednesdays are Girls Night In!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Tressa, Crystal and now Nori flock to my house every week for good food, conversation, a glass of wine, movie and gossip. I love having them over. Not only is it an excuse to keep my house clean, but I like the chance to cook for more than myself. It's refreshing to cook and not have to eat the leftovers for 3 days. I only wish I had my cookbooks. Why oh why did I leave my cookbooks? I guess it's all for the best. Almost all Japanese homes don't have ovens (inluding mine), so my cookbooks probably wouldn't have done me any good here. But cooking in the Japanese way has taught me lessons in simple cooking. Not too may ingrediants, nothing too fancy... just simple good food. Now if only I could find a Japanese cooking class in English... then I would have it made!

If anyone in the area wants to join in on wed. night dinner just let me know. The more the merrier (maybee I should buy some more plates, I only have place settings for three people (Like I need an excuse to go the the 100Yen shop.)).

Till next time... This is Chef Jody saying:
"If it's too hot... there is no need to leave the kitchen because my house doesn't have air-conditioning and it's hot in every room. "

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: