Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Friday, May 26, 2006

New Find at The 7-11

While shopping at my local 7-11 this morning, I ventured out of my normal gum choice (Whiteen's sugarless orange mint) and found that my life was lacking some XYL! Now... what would I need with an entire box of gum? I have no idea... but it was calling to me. "Jody. Pick me! PLEASE!". Not one to ignore a pleading gum box I added it to my basket and headed towards the checkout. When I finally opened up my box of XYLISH fruit gum... I was surprised to find a stack of paper with my chick lit like gum.

It took me about 23 seconds to realize that the fine makers of Xylish had given me paper to help dispose of my gum after I had chewed it. Only in Japan! Lucky I had them, because you can only chew this gum for about 3 minutes before it gets all hard and flavorless. So if you are thinking about picking up some Xyl... think again... it's total crap!

Excuse me... It's Fruit Flavored CRAP with little pieces of white paper on the side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool blog. I like your attitude. So, what are you doing in Japan? No, I didn't figure it out first. ;)
Do you speak Japanese?