Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Final Straw

Today I am supposed to be having a big English assembly. I have been helping the teachers plan and translate things for weeks now. I even stayed until 5:30 one day. By boss was scheduled to come and I was told to dress up nice for the event. So my loving house husband ironed my nice blue suit and made me breakfast while I curled my hair and took the extra time to look nice and professional this cold, cold morning. When I arrived at school there was a note at my desk saying that they had canceled the assemble due to the fact that lots of students were out sick with the flu AND that the assembly had been moved to another day when I would not be there to take part and witness all the hard work I have done. GODDAMMIT!!!!

I was so mad, I had to leave room to compose myself. If there is any change in my schedule I am to be notified ahead of time. But isn't it nice to know that even though the official decree was handed down yesterday I was not notified. No Respect! I am freezing my ass off in a skirt today! And all my time is for not! No notice! They could have scheduled the thing for next week when I was going to be here, but Noooooo... they had to choose another day! This school is not my favorite place to be. In fact... it is my least favorite of all the schools and I went out of my way to do something nice for them and they don't even have the cutesy to e-mail me and tell me the event had been canceled.

So I am extremely happy to announce that I have two interviews set up for this week and several companies trying to arrange an interview with me in the near future. Two interviews that would take me away from this school and my current company. THANK THE GODDESS!!!

1 comment:

Christopher Barzak said...

I love the new layout, and I love you! Good luck with the interviews! Knock em dead! (Don't talk bad about your current company if they ask why you're leaving, though. Just say you'd like a chance to teach elsewhere in Japan and experience other schools, and that your current company can't offer you that.) Okay, advice column over. ;)
muah!