Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Monday, June 11, 2007

Life and the Internet

Life is going pretty good. Juan and I started our new jobs last week and I have to say that it's going pretty good so far (knock on wood). We are Elementary school English language teachers for the City of Sugunami, which happens to be the ku (city ward) directly below ours. Right now we are only working 4-10 days a month, but there is a good chance that our company will have more schools under contract as of the second semester (aka when school starts back in September).

My Ewakaiwa (conversation school) job is still going strong and I have to admit that the small classes, good pay and shortened days (a little over 6 hrs) make a nice living for me and my part-time house husband. But working this second job is not that bad. I only teach 2-3 classes a day and the pay is defiantly worth getting out of bed 3 hours earlier than normal. Now if I did this job every day, I could defiantly see getting burnt out really fast. But luckily I have a good hubby who help with the housework (and by helps I mean he does almost all of it). It is always nice to come home to a clean house with dinner on the stove (God... I sound so suburban).

Internet. We are getting Internet. What I mean to say, is that soon we will actually be paying for the service instead of stealing it from our neighbors. Yeah! So hopefully only 1-3 weeks until we are fully and legally connected. Just a little longer my friends and then hopefully we will be able to keep ya all updated. Hold on. Just a little longer. MUAH!

No comments: