Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Monday, August 13, 2007

Miyajima

Miyajima. The island famous for deer, rice spoons, the Itsukushima Shrine, monkeys and a big red tori gate. We had a great day on the island. Since it was so hot, we partook in a couple shaved ices as we wandered around. We fed the deer, one of them took a nibble out of my behind and I got poked in in the stomach with antlers (I still have the bruise to prove it). After seeing the sights, we ate the best okonamiyaki I have ever had. Okonamiyaki (Hiroshima style) is a traditional Japanese junk food. You start out with a crepe and add cabbage and vegetables on top. At the same time you cook up some yaki-soba and then you add an omelet on top of that. once everything is piled up you add a special sauce and some chives. SOOOOO Delicious. But be careful what you order in other places in japan because they put almost always put octopus in it (Osaka style). We added a little extra cheese and fried oysters. It was a perfect way to end a fabulous day.

No comments: