Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Workin'

Juan and I have returned back to work after our short spring holiday. Actually Juan is on full speed for his new job in Mitaka-ku. He picked up a 140 days a year gig for 2 elementary schools in Mitaka (on the Chuo Line) and combined with his part time evening work, Juan is making more money than ever (in Japan). YEAH!!! New Shoes for Jody!!

I started my new High School job on Friday, but I still have not found any additional part time work for 3 afternoons a week. The part-time job hunt continues, but something will come up eventually. As for the High School, it seems like a pretty easy gig. I am a conversation teacher. I have my own classroom and will be teaching 1st and 2nd year students (like sophomore and Junior year high school age). It is a little different than I have done in the past because I have to give quizzes, midterms, finals and actually grades, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

From the pictures at the park last Sunday, you could tell that spring had fully arrived, however immediately after we took these pictures we had our first typhoon of the season and now all the blossoms are gone, but at least the tulips remain. That's all I have for now. Hope everyone is doing great!! Lots of love J n J.

No comments: