Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Shabu Shabu Time

On Sunday Juan and I were invited to Misa's home for a shabu shabu party. In case you don't remember, shabu-shabu is a traditional Japanese meal popular in winter time. Shabu shabu literally represents the sound of the meat sloshing back and forth through the boiling hot water. Of course, being Misa... we also partook in her homemade hometown Hiroshima style Okinamiyaki. It was just as good as you can get in Hiroshima. Yummy!!! Misa's mom also treated us to handmade potato croquettes and seriously the best nimono (a traditional Japanese side dish with vegetables and pork) I have ever had. Misa's sister's band Savanna was also there to help in eating several large mounds of meat and playing some Nintendo Wii. Thanks go out to Misa and her great family for a wonderful time. THANK YOU!!!





No comments: