Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Saturday, January 31, 2009

End of the month recap

Once Frank headed back home, Juan and I went back to our normal routine. Work, work and work. January has been pretty uneventful. Juan and I have been trying to save money, so there has been no outings, no eating out and pretty much no fun. Economizing is now my new hobby. I have gone to super budgeting our lives out. Who would have thought that I would grow up to be so organized and money conscious. And speaking of money (which I know is taboo) ... I got a new job for next year!

Starting in April, which is when the school year starts in Japan, I will be at Fujimi Junior and Senior High School. Fujimi is an old and respected all girls school in Nakamurabashi, which is just 2 stops away from us!!! So my new job pays for transportation, but I think I will be riding my bicycle to school in good weather and pocketing the 3 bucks a day. YEAH!!! I am so happy not to be commuting 1 1/2 hours each way every day. This new job is full time, which means I have to be there 8-5 Monday though Friday, but I get all weekends and public holidays off and about 7 weeks vacation a year (Golden Week, Summer Holiday and New Year's). It looks like I will have a lot more responsibility at my new job, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

In the mean time I am just coasting through my last remaining weeks at Meiji Gakuin University High School. There will be a lot of testing going on in February, which means a lot of extra paid days off for me. And there is actually only one week next month where I have to work all 5 days. I should be done at Meiji Gakuin around the 1st week of March and will have the remainder of the month off with pay. YEAH!!!!! I am really sad to be leaving Meiji Gakuin, but I am super excited about my new full time, better paying, more challenging, closer to home position at Fujimi.

This last week Juan caught a cold and he just got sicker and sicker every passing day. Last Wednesday, his day off, I took him to the doctors for a little flu medicine and we learned that Juan doesn't have just the flu, but also tonsillitis and bronchitis. Poor Mr. Leon. He was soooooo sick. He is doing a little better, thanks to the 5 different types of meds he is on. Hopefully he will be 100% by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Apart from being a sick guy, Juan's work has been going great and we just got the info that his former coordinator Kumiko (who loves Juan) is now going to be the head manager for the Tokyo branch. She has pretty much told Juan not to worry about next year because she was "going to taking good care of him" and that she is happy to help out one of her "Top 10 Employees". YEAH!!!! We are not exactly sure what this all means, but we are keeping our fingers crossed for salary pay, sick days and paid vacation. We will let you all know as soon as we know.

That's all for now. We hope you are all staying super warm where ever you are.
Love,
J n J

No comments: