Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Saturday, June 13, 2009

Drinks near Tokyo Station

Last Friday, Juan and I met some of my former students and some of Juan's current students at The Rose and Crown Pub in Tokyo. The Rose and Crown is a British styled Izakaya (Japanese bar). I wouldn't really call it a British pub, but it does have a certain Victorian charm to it. This particular Tokyo branch just opened at the beginning of the month and we were lucky to get a reservation.

The Salary Man Special:
For 4,500 Yen we got 2 hours of all you can drink premium beers, ales and cocktails and 7 courses of snacks including fish n chips, salmon, salad and a large platter of roast beef. I think it's a pretty darn good deal and their house ale was fantastic, even though Juan was mostly drinking black n tans, which was good too.








After the British izakaya we headed over to a more traditional izakaya for a couple more drinks and snacks.

Thank you EVERYONE for such a great time. We had such a great time seeing all of you!!!

No comments: