Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Recent Vice

Along with gossip websites and my friend's homepages, my new internet reading vice consists of food blogs. I love them!! I try and save them for last, but just like dessert I want the best to come first!!! Here are just a few of my favorites.

David Lebovitz will take you away to a land of sinful butter, chocolate, red wine and Paris. As an expat living and cooking in Paris, his delicious adventurous food blogs will make you promptly want to buy an airline ticket and sign up for one of those fancy and expensive cooking classes in the countryside of France.






Just Bento and their sister site Just Hungry are written by a Japanese expat living in Switzerland. Her unique European fusion bentos are fantastic. She also has great bento packing tips, healthy bento alternatives and she shows recipes for traditional Japanese food that maybe you have never heard of or , like me, never knew how to cook properly.



Joy the Baker, who I have admonished in an earlier blog, is relatively new to the scene, but her humorous and fresh outlook on baking and life brings a smile to my face every time.




Smitten Kitchen is a great little blog written by a woman who lives in a tiny little kitchen in a small apartment in New York. Her recipes are easy to follow and tasty too. Along with her recipes, she likes talking about her husband, new baby and her love of food.



Last, but Definitely not least is Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman. Ree is a girly-girl. She's a mani/pedi getting, high heel shoe wearing, sushi eating and Starbucks drinking girl who happened to fall in love with a cowboy and now lives on a remote ranch with her 4 kids, steak eating husband and a lot of cows. She is a neurotic and funny character who loves her family, taking pictures, cooking and sharing her life with her thousands of readers. Her new book is definitely on my Christmas wish list. Her blog shows lots of detailed pictures when she is cooking and from what I can tell, her new book does too. I just love cook books with lots of pictures!!!

Well... whether you are a foodie or not, I hope you enjoy these blogs just as much as I do.
Happy reading and Bon Appetit!!

No comments: