Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Monday, October 19, 2009

Yoyogi Picnic

On Sunday, we were lucky enough to be invited to a picnic in Yoyogi park by our good friend Misa. It was a great day for a picnic in a park that is famous for buskers, rockabilly dancers, ribbon throwers, rock bands trying to get signed, girl dancing troupes, kapoeras and any other active and artistic endeavor. Lots of Misa's friends are also graphic designers and artists, so there was a lot of shop talk (in Japanese) and almost everyone had a fantastic camera.


Like any other picnic day, I spent the morning in my kitchen whipping up a plethora of snacks and food. Sunday's specials were chicken salad sandwiches, taco-rice onigiri (rice balls) and banana bread. The taco rice balls were a big hit and by taco I mean the Mexican variety not octopus (FYI Tako is Japanese for Octopus).

Thanks Misa for inviting us to your picnic. We had a great time!


No comments: