Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Fun in Yokohama

Yokohama is to Tokyo as San Diego is to Los Angeles. Yokohama, as you may already know, is the third largest city in Japan and only about 45 minutes south of central Tokyo. Therefore, we were in for a great day of walking, eating and trying not to freeze to death.


We started our day off at the Shin Yokohama Ramen Museum. I have seen this museum mentioned in every Japan travel guide I have in my apartment (which is approximately 6 books). I have never been so when Melina said she was interested in visiting Juan and I were completely on board. Unfortunately, the ramen museum is not really a museum. It's more of a restaurant amusement park. We went, we ate (really fantastic tonkotsu ramen (pork bone) that was heavy on the garlic) and we left. I would not recommend going to the museum. You can get a bowl of ramen on any corner in Yokohama (especially around Chinatown)

After Shin Yokohama we were off to Minato Mirai for a very cold and windy walk along the waterfront.


Eventually we found our way to Chinatown for shopping and dinner.


We luckily found the same great restaurant we ate at with Misa-chan and Naoko-chan in August.

Thanks Yokohama for a great day. Hopefully next time we visit it will be a little warmer, but not as warm as last time... that was just crazy hot.

No comments: