- We got robbed. That's right. Our little apartment was broken into and robbed. They only took two things. Juan's camera and our hard earned cash. Total Bummer!!! At least they left the passports.
- After living with a toothache for a few weeks, Juan finally went to the dentist and I decided to go for a check up too. Result: Thousand of dollars of dental work needed. That will teach us not to go to the dentist for three years.
- Predictably, it got hot and humid in Tokyo. It also rained a lot this rainy season. I had to give up bike riding and take the train over ten times this semester. That's more than I took the train all last year.
- Thanks to the help from my friend and coworker Chie, we were able to change the locks on our doors and file an insurance claim. Thank you so much Chie!!!!! You're the best. With Chie's help, we were able to get about 1/3 of our money back.
- Juan and I finally bought our tickets to America this summer. Because of our little financial debacle with being robbed, we decided to do a bare bones 3 weeks only visit. More info to come later.
- We wrapped up our semester at our regular schools. And we are gearing up for 3 weeks of summer work. Here in Tokyo, in Gifu and in Niigata.
- Juan and I are walking about 40 kilometers a week in order to loose a little weight before the big trip home in August.
Well, that's about it. Any questions??? No? Ok good.