Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Updating my Life!

Hey there everyone out in cyber land! My life is nothing but work, work, sleep, work and work. I know I have not blogged in a long time... and I know that some of you determine whether I have a pulse based on the fact that I have posted at least one blog in three days... but I am alive and I hope that you are too! Are You Alive??? Are you Living? Hello??!?!??

Soooo, what is new in my world? SNOW!!! On Friday night it started to snow and it didn't finish until Saturday night. Total amount of snow??? About 7 inches... well, that's what I swept off the top of the "L'Epo". Ibaraki isn't know to get a lot of snow. On average, it only snows twice a year. However... since japanese people are bad drivers(actual fact!), and people of Ibaraki don't know how to drive in the snow... the streets stay empty.

* Can you find Le Sensation Natural (aka My Car!)?
In fact... The snow plows don't even go thru the back streets in the suburban areas. People are expected to clean their own roads(and they do!!!). Now don't get me wrong. The main roads are cleared and bridges and curvy roads are salted, but if my driveway didn't sit in the sun for 8 hours a day... then there would still be snow on it and it hasn't snowed in 4 days!

I have lived in Washington State... I remember snow. I know it snows in California! But seeing it snow is still an amazing weather phenomomon to me. I remember when it snowed in my home town of Hemet. It snowed once in 10 years. ONCE! Snow is pretty cool, but I am still glad that I live in an enviroment that gets very little of it. For those of you who love and live in the snow (I miss you Rachel!!!) ... may you blessed all winter long. For everyone else... be happy you live in a climate where it is appropriate to BBQ on Christmas!

Till next time... All my love.
XOXO

No comments: