Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Friday, March 10, 2006

Spring is coming?


3 steps forward, 4 steps back

This is how the Japanese describe the arrival of Spring. Wedensday it was warm, sunny and all around beautiful. Today, being Friday, is cold, windy, overcast, rainy and miserable. The cherry blossoms are still expected to bloom early, but nothing is guarenteed in Japan. They say that the end of March can be warm, or it has even been known to snow. So, if you are intending to visit Japan in the next several weeks... I have no idea what to tell you to pack. My best educated guess is to pack for early spring weather. That is unless you live in a sub-tropic, or desert climate... then you may choose to bring a warm coat and some long johns
(sorry Paula, but living in Arizona has probably made you a wimp to the cold).


2 steps forward, 4 steps back, falling into the huge hole that you didn't see behind you.

This is how I am describing my life these days. Yesterday, my company told me that Yachiyo-machi has signed on for another year (YEAH... this is a good thing). Then they informed me of the contents of my proposed contract. I quickly had a mental breakdown. (I can't believe they were not going to offer me a raise and they want me to purchase my own car... yeah and monkey are gonna fly out of my butt!). I came back with a fair counter offer. This really isn't a counter offer, but an ultimatum... you pay me this or I'm walking deal, but said in a much nicer way of course. They are currently in deliberation over my present state of un-naiveness/ oh shit, Jody is not an idiotic, 22 year old with no experience, blonde american we can exploit . Hopefully, everthing will turn out in my favor.
But on the off chance that it doesn't... I have been spending my extra minutes looking for a job that would pay enough and enable me to keep living in my house. Moving in Japan is super expensive and I would rather communte over an hour a day than pay the $2 grand needed to move into a new place. Thus is the plight of this career choice. Well, at least it is better than teaching swim lessons to all those snot faced, trust fund, have more money in their My Little Pony Prada Wallets than I do in my bank account, little kids back in Orange County. However, I do miss my co-workers and some of the patrons (if you all are reading this... HI!!!)
On the brighter side of life... Today is FRIDAY!!! Only one more week until my Mom and Paula (my sis) arrive!!! Only one more week until my spring break!! Tonight I am meeting some people for dinner at the Fabulous Indian Restraunt in Yuki City and tomorrow (after I have cleaned all of the dust bunnies from my house) is Tressa-chan and Crystal-lu's House warming parties!!! If ya wanna come... let me know... the theme of the party (Crystal loves theme parties) is Buisness Men School Girl. Come dressed either as one or the other. (Personally, I think this is an odd choice for a party given most of our current occupations, but whatever). What am I wearing? I haven't a damn clue.. there is a lack of plaid skirts and suits from my wardrobe. I guess you will have to wait until you see the pictures on monday.
I have taken up enough of your time and enough inches on my blog site to last until Monday.
Till Next time...
All my love,
The Lovely Miss Jody D. White

No comments: