Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, April 20, 2006

DISNEYLAND... japanese style!



I asked them if they wanted to go and they said YES!!!!!!!!. Tokyo Disneyland... the most popcorn eating, stupid hat wearing, american loving, japanese-y place on earth!

Once taking in several hours of sleep, we get up and get our butts on a train. About 20 minutes out side the city we arrived at our final destination. Tokyo Disneyland. It was 9am and there was already a crowd. I thought that since it was a weekday and most people were at wotk or school, it would give us a fighting chance with the immense crowds. How wrong I was!

We had a little breakfast... disneystyle and got our fastpasses for Space Mountain (which is much too lit... you can see all of the tracks, what's the fun in that??!?!). We purchased our disney attire for the day. Marie ears for me (Marie is huge over here... if you have no idea who Marie is... watch the Aristocats movie) and Bambi ears for Paula. Sorry Mom... we just couldn't find the right tiara for ya... but hey, you did get a Disneyland Popcorn Bucket (aka a feeding troughf) so that is saying something.

P.S. In care you were not aware...

<<---- This Is What Cool Looks Like!

Here are some highlights of our day...

Ya gotta have the good photo in front of the castle. Say CHEEEZUUU!

Here's Paula giving the Thumbs Up to her favorite ride in the park. Yeah Tea Cups! WEEEEEEEeeeeeee!!!!! The ride was so nice... we did it twice!

Mom and I pose for a photo op outside Minnie Mouse's house. Spring had just started and for some reason, the blossoms you see behind us are about 2 weeks early than the rest of the cherry trees in all of Japan. Here's me in Chip and Dales Tree House of Nutty Fun! Do ya like my ears???

Mom and Paula both enjoyed the Jungle Cruise.. eventhough everything was in Japanese. But don't worry... all of the corny jokes were there and we could remember most of them from our Jungle Cruises back in Cali. They even told the one about the dude with the shrunken heads and how he is having a sale... Two of his heads for one of yours. That one was always my favorite.

Paula and I on our way up to Space Mountain. In case you were wondering... This is what cool looks like when she is freezing her butt off!

Yes... it really is A Small World After All.

One more trip on the Tea Cups and we were ready to call it a day and take the last shinkansen back to Ibaraki. We got home safely... a little sore from the day, but still in one piece. It was totally a fantastic day at the Happiest Place in Japan. when ya all come to visit (and by ya all I mean anyone who is reading this and who has the necessary funds to get your booty to Japan) if ya want to, I'll take ya and show ya a good time.

No comments: