Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, April 27, 2006

My CRAZY New Infatuation with Slide shows and why you should watch them!

Seriously... I think I have a problem. And we all know admittance is the first step. Ok...here it goes... I LOVE SLIDESHOWS!!!! LOVE THEM!!!

I love them sooooooooo much... I have decided to post two more today! HAHAHA!!!!

The first slide show are pictures from a recent excursion to Nikko which I took Christopher on about three weeks ago. Nikko is a small mountain town found in Tochigi Prefecture. Ieyasu Tokugawa, who was the famous showgun known for his unification of Japan during the 16oo's, kept his hold here in the Mountains. It is said that evil always comes from the North and that is where he wanted to set up residance... in the north so that he could protect Edo-shi (Tokyo) from evil.

We had a great day (I didn't even get lost in Utsunomia... for once) walking around the grounds, visiting temples (Nikko is renound for it's Buddhist and Shinto shrines and worshipers. aka pilgrimage site), and eating the special tofu of the region. Notice: There are a lot of pictures of Chris because I take ones of him, and he takes ones of me. In other words, I am telling you we have not been able to swap pictures yet, deal with it.


No comments: