Thursday, May 11, 2006
I have a newly formed theory about my job. I am not an english teacher. I am, in fact, Yachiyo-machi's Blonde English Language Instructor/ Local Diva.
Dictionary.com defines Diva as:
1. An operatic prima donna (italian for primary woman)
2. A very successful singer of nonoperatic music
Henceforth: I am an ABC's, B-I-N-G-O, Ten Little Indians, Farmer in the Dell ect... DIVA
More reasons why I am a Diva...
* Every day I dress up in a costume and drive to the theater (ok... it's just a school)
* When it's curtain call, I have people (students) walk me to the stage (classroom)
* In between acts, I have people to serve me drinks (green tea) and snacks
* Every one know who I am (hello! only blonde, white person in town)
* When I talk... people listen (usually because my japanese is so bad)
* When I flip my hair, people stare in awe (Blonde!!!)
* When I have on a new outfit, people recognise and praise it
* In public, people feel the need to bow to me and my divine divaness
* I can sing "Old Mc Donnald" better than anyone in a 20 mile radius
* And every day I star in the role of Jody Whito Sensei, great teacher, great singer, great gaijin citizen of Yachiyo.
Until next time...
The lovely and talented diva of Yachiyo-machi,
Jody D. White