Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Monday, June 12, 2006

A Saturday night at home.

Since Tressa still owns a truckload of liquor from her birthday party... she decided to have a couple of people over. What was advertised as a party turned out to be an intimate group of friends playing games and drinking beer? Our Japanese friends had never played "Asshole" before... but after a round or two, they were talking a lot of smack and kicking my ass all over the living room. I seriously don't think I have played asshole since I was in High school, but it all came back to me pretty quick... it all came back to me how much I suck at this game.

Crystal is without Ricardo (her future potential husband) for a couple of days... and she decided to shake off the proper ladylike attitude she gives Ricardo and get completely hammered. I haven't seen her so crazy in months. It was nice to see the old girl, maybe she will come out of the wood work every now and again.

After a time, everyone got bored of asshole and someone suggested we play Jenga (the girls are kindergarten teachers... they have tons of random shit at their disposal). Now Jenga is an ok game... but drunken jenga is friggin hilarious. Not only is your hands eye coordination not working very well, but everytime someone laughed they knocked the table and the tower would start a wobling.

Eventually the evening died down and everyone went home. After Tressa and I got Crystal-lu up stairs and into bed (which was a gong show in itself) we walked down the street to a little late night karaoke and ramen. All in all... not an eventful weekend. My work week is shaping up to be really hectic and I pray that next weekend will be spent beach side. I am going to need the break. I hope ya all have a great week.
All my love from Japan,
Jody Diane

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hmmmm... don't remember Jenga at all, but it looks like I had fun. Thanks for looking after my drunk ass; hope there are many more occassions on which you can do that again in the future. hehe. Love ya!