Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm coming to AMERICA!

In a random, spur of the moment, completely pleasant instant... my mother has decided to bring me home for the first two weeks of August. I can hardly believe it myself! One minute I am talking to her about school and the next minute we are confirming a ticket on-line. CRAZY! I am soooooooo excited, but also a bit worried.

How hard is cultural shock going to hit and will I have time to recover before I return to Japan? My theory is that culture shock will set in a little bit, but since I am not going to be in America for more than a fortnight, I shouldn't have too much difficulty getting back into my Japanese life upon my return. However, I am friggin scared to hell of driving!

Unfortunately, there are no plans to visit California (unless you send me an airline ticket), but if anyone misses me terribly you should pop up to Washington for a day or two. I know it is a hassle, but it is a lot closer than Japan.

O.K. I have to run. I will try to post Tanabata pictures before the end of the week. Life is a bit crazy right now and I have just a little over a week to finish preparing for my seminar... so I don't have a lot of free time.

Till Next Time this is Jody White saying: "God Damn it's hot here!!!"

No comments: