Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Saturday, September 23, 2006

Difficulties with fast food (again).

Really!!! I have only 7 minutes left before I must depart this Internet cafe. So here is my short story of the day.

This morning I awoke Tressa and informed her that we needed to break our diets for the day by getting up and getting a delicious Sausage/Egg McMuffin. She, of course, agreed to the idea of breakfast. We opted not to change out of out pink PJs and headed straight to the batmobile in flannel, heels (I didn't have any other shoes) big sunglasses and no bras. Since Tressa has finally mastered the exquisite Japanese art of ordering through the drive thru, we didn't risk going inside the building to order. We state our simple order in Japanese.

Sausage Egg McMuffin seto (set) O Futastu (2) onegaishimas (please).
Milku (milk) O-hitostu (1)
Cafe ole O-hitostu
kechupu O'hitostu
toe (and) Apple Pie O hitostu onegaishimas
I jo desu (that's all)

This simple declaration initialized a several minute altercation with a speaker box and a teller who obviously didn't realize we don't speak any damn Japanese. Tressa and I had to eventually drive around to the pick up window to point out what the hell we wanted on the menu. At which the teller responds with a bunch of Japanese Gibberish. All we can make out is the words "Apple Pie" and "#4". No we don't want 4 apple pies!!! Ohhhh... 4 minute wait on the pie??? ok.

Order finally established, I slap down my sen yen(10 bucks) on the money tray and am ready to get the hell outta dodge when a quick breeze comes in and swoops my money off into oblivion. One second it was there and the next it was gone. Before you could say "Non Dai Oh" there was these Japanese people with headsets on rushing out of the restaurant and into the parking lot in search of our money. You would think they were searching for the lost city of Atlantis with all the zeal they were putting forth. Even Tressa got out of the car in all of her striped pink Pj glory to help track down the minimal bill. Only in Japan would employees at a McDonalds make such a fuss about finding 10 bucks. In the end, the money was never found, but you better believe everyone got a huge ass chuckle at seeing the two foreigners in their underwear running around the Mc Donalds parkinglot this morning.

No comments: