Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I am sad and tired.

Yesterday after work, I traveled to Shimodate to spend the evening with my good friends Jen and Drew. This is their last day in Japan. In a few hours they will be getting on a plane and heading back to Oregon. The land of 55mph driving, full service gas, hemp clothing and dread-locked wearing vegetarians. Jen and Drew dropped into our lives last January and over the past year they have become a constant in our everyday. Watching endless hours of Chapel Show, singing karaoke, drinking, roadtrips, cooking, eating ramen and just shooting the shit, there usually wasn't a weekend where I didn't see them. They will be missed for their easy-going, kick in the pants ways, their fantastic cooking and their warm hearts.

Last night, we all had a slumber party at Tressa's which included a small trip to karaoke to sing Jen and Drew's favorites. You just can't leave without singing the famous Japanese song "Linda, Linda", Drew's "Dig a Pony", Jen's "Blues Brothers" or every one's favorite "Love Shack" while we dance like idiots in our tiny karaoke box.

This morning everyone woke up early from a night of too little sleep to have breakfast with me before I headed off to work at 7:30. I tried to run out of there without breaking out into tears and blubbering about how much I am going to miss them. But alas, I ended up letting a couple slip out on my drive back to Yachiyo. At school today I am my regular energetic English clown self... but inside I am dead tired and heartbroken. Inevitably you must say goodbye to everyone in your life at some time or another... but with this lifestyle, it seems like I am saying goodbye too often. Goodbye Jen and Drew. Good luck in America, Italy and Life. I miss you already. Smooches!!!

No comments: