Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, March 01, 2007

Cleaning Out

There is nothing like cleaning out your desk to make you realize that you really are leaving your job. I am currently cleaning out all 5 of my desks. In each one I am tending to find random flashcards, 2-5 pens that don't work, worksheets that got printed off on the wrong size paper and tons and tons of gum wrappers.

I am also cleaning out my 4 laptops I use throughout the school system. As of today I have found 7 copies of pictures taken at Canada Day, 5 different worksheets all pertaining to fruit, and tons of crap that I still can't figure out how it came to be in my document files.

My remaining days in Yachiyo are coming closer and closer to completion. I only have 9 days of work left. 9 DAYS!!!! Word is spreading that I am not to be back in April, but the word is coming from me and not my company. With so little days left, I didn't feel it was right not to tell people. On average, most of my students and fellow teachers are shocked and saddened at the news of my departure. Although when I have time and enough Japanese in my brain to explain why I am moving, most of the teachers and administrators are still saddened, but they are excited for my happiness and I have received many good wishes towards a prosperous future in Tokyo.

I have only lost it once in front of my students, and choked up a couple of times this week during several last classes at some of my favorite schools. I only have to keep it together 9 more days. I always thought that leaving Yachiyo would be sad, but thinking about it and actually doing it are two different things. Wish me luck in saying goodbye. Gambattemas. Gambattemas Jody Sensei.

No comments: