Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Friday, March 02, 2007

Spring is on it's way

Every year, Japanese people wait in impatient anticipation for the Japan Meteorological Agency to make their march announcement. What is so exciting about the weather in march you say??? CHERRY BLOSSOMS!!! That's right people, cherry blossom season is right around the corner. This year Japan is expecting a record breaking early blossoming all over the country. Which means that I am now waiting impatiently to find out when mankai (full bloom) will be. The JMA is posting their cherry blossom forecast on March 7th. So I must wait one more week before I can secure a hostel for our mini break.

Mini Break you say??? Yes!!! One of the top 5 things I wanna do in Japan before leaving is to see the cherry blossoms in Kyoto. Last year my visit was about 10 days shy of kaika (first bloom). So this year I am determined to see the bevy of blossoms Kyoto has to offer the sightseeing sakura enthusiast.

On a more local note, the Ume (plum) blossoms are in full effect. Some friends and I are planning a blossom viewing picnic for Saturday the 10th in Mito. Mito's Kairakuen park boast as the third most beautiful park in Japan and has over 3000 Ume trees. If you are in the area, give me a buzz and come drink a lot of sake while the falling blossoms sprinkle down upon our afternoon picnic. Mankai was on March 26th, but the viewing should still be pretty good on the 10th.

I hope every one across the big blue is well. For those of you in the area, I can't wait to see ya all tomorrow night at the izakaiya near the Shimo Station for a grand night of Drinking, Eating and Karaoke. SMOOCHES!!!

No comments: