Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, May 03, 2007


Today I dragged Juan out of the house and into the frenzy of Ikebuburo. Truthfully, I didn't know that there were going to be thousands of people out and about, but I should have known better. If Japanese people aren't at work on a weekday... then they are probably shopping. This being said... I think every western Tokyoite decided to head into Ikebukuro for a day of retail therapy. Juan and I discovered a store called Toku Hands... and unfortunately by walking into the store... Juan walked into his Mecca. The angels sang and the gates of heaven opened up. " You wanna know what I want done with my ashes after I die? " Juan asked "I want you to spread my remains in Toku Hands... that way, I'll never have to leave.". I do have to admit... that this store had about everything you could need or want (or want but have absolutely no need of). From mechanical drills to sushi key chains. They had it all!
This was my favorite find of the day. Apparently there were enough accidents that someone actually needed to invent and market this home safety product. I especially like the little girl giving the thumbs up after she bumps her head into the cushioned handle.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!