Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Friday, June 22, 2007

Joke of the Day

The Japanese are not know as being particularly good at telling jokes. Television comedians are renowned for their costumes/ shtick/ ugliness and ability to make themselves look like complete asses, not really for their witty jokes. So I was happily surprised when my new student told me a joke.

Jun is a shy, computer loving 15 year old who (do to his father's job at the ministry of foreign affairs) has been brought up all over the world. Unfortunately, this has caused him to be a bit of an outsider in his home country of Japan. Anyhow, yesterday he graced me with a joke. I was so taken aback by the fact that he told me a joke... my laugh was just slightly delayed, but really... it was a pretty good joke.

What are the three most unsavory foods in the world?

#3 Sushi made without any wasabi

#2 A Curry without any spice

and the #1 worst tasting food in the entire world

British Food

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it.
Dave