Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween


Oh My god. It's been over a month since I blogged?!?!?? I am so sorry. Juan and I are not dead, we are alive and well. Hmmmm what's been going on....


  • Juan and I got influenza. Juan was 100% after 3 days, but it took me over a week to get the flu virus out of my system. Then I got an ear infection.

  • We found a Costco in Shinagawa. On the way home from our initial visit, I received more stares and inquiries in 1 hour than in my entire time in Japan. People were trying to figure out what Quaker Oats Oatmeal was and why I needed a gargantuan size box of it. The next time we visited we filled a suitcase to avoid the stares and random questions.

  • On a sadder note, our dear friend Tressa has been diagnosed with Lupus. We love you Tress!!! XOXO

  • Work has been going good. I pulled a tough couple of weeks earlier this month, but the overtime pay will help pay for our winter travel plans.

  • FYI our winter travel plans are to visit Cambodia for about 2 weeks.

  • Speaking of travel, Juan and I just got back from a mini-break in Kyoto. I know It's my third time traveling into the old capital, but every time I visit I find something new and amazing (pictures to come within the week).

  • On a much happier note... My darling friend and former university and post university roommate Kim Gee recently got married!! Congratulation Kim and Todd!!!

  • Last weekend Juan and I spent a lovely Sunday walking around Ueno Park.

  • This weekend we are planning on going to the Tokyo Auto Show (yeah...this is obviously more for Juan than for me).

  • Fall is here, my favorite season. Cooler, sunny days and not a lot of rain. Ahhh I love Autumn!

Well, that's all I can remember for the moment. I plan to back blog a bunch of pictures and stuff over the rest of the week. till then.... Ja Ne and Happy Halloween!

No comments: