Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mysterious balls?

Last Sunday, while Juan and I were out shopping in Akachi-machi, an open air market famous for cheap knockoffs, I saw this stand. This area is popular with Japanese Tokyoites, but still hasn't caught on with foreigners. Therefore, about 95% of the food here is delicious Japanese Junk Food. I believe these are gigantic tako-yaki balls. In case you don't remember, tako-yaki is octopus pancake balls covered in mayo, special sauce and dried fish flakes. But this place seems excessive. One of these is bigger than Juan's fist. They are HUGE!!!

No comments: