Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Saturday, August 09, 2008

Asagaya no Tanabata Matsuri

Tanabata aka "Star Festival" is a popular festival among children, even though its history is on the romantic side. According to Wikipedia " It celebrates the meeting of Orihime (Vega) and Hikoboshi (Altair). The Milky Way, a river made from stars that crosses the sky, separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year." Tanabata is celebrated on July 7th or Aug 8th depending on where you live. Asagaya's festival is held over 3 days in August, however Juan and I only had time to go on Saturday afternoon. Even though the festival wasn't in full swing yet, it was crowded and super hot.

No comments: