Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bento... the first try.

So, as I have told you... I am getting interested in making bentos as a healthier way to eat and to help keep our portion size under control. So here are a few pictures of my first attempts.

Here's my lunch on Friday made from leftovers from Thursday night dinner. It's not great, but I think it's a good start.
This is Juan's lunch at Sports Day. The smiling orange rice in the middle was supposed to be in the shape of a star, but it turned out a little wonky. Juan was so impressed about the orange colored rice and was totally surprised when I told him it was just made from carrots, a little salt and vegetable oil and not unhealthy food dye.  Everything tasted great with Juan's favorite Thai Peanut Chicken.
And here is my bento, with a little bit better heart shaped carrot rice and all of our side dishes. Looks good doesn't it???? I know... I'm good. 

No comments: