Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Friday, November 14, 2008

11/14/08 Bento




Today's bento is made from the remnants of last night's dinner. Sanshoku Domburi literallymeans 3 different colors of things on rice. Sanshoku Domburi is commonly cooked with
1) ground beef with peas
2) scrambled eggs and
3) Anything Else (I usually see it with carrots, salmon, broccoli, natto or some strange black seaweed thing that is wierd but delicious) Recipes and ingrediants vary throughout Japan.

The previous night's Three Colored Rice Domburi is turned into a Two Colored Rice Domburi (mostly because Juan ate all the broccoli) with a side of green beans and sesame lotus root and a mandarin orange (not pictured) for desert.

The funny thing... as I was eating my lunch in the teacher's lounge I noticed that my associate had the exact same bento as I did, except that he had canned salmon for his third color where I originally had broccoli. WOW. I made a truly authentic Japanese Lunch. SUGOI!!!! (aka AWESOME)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: