Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Emperor's Palace, Tokyo Tower and church?

Frank was really excited about attending a Jehovah's Witness church service during his visit to Japan. Because the church service was not until 4:30, I decided that it was a perfect day pack a bento lunch and to take a walk around the east garden of the Emperor's palace.


3 bentos for 3 hungry people
Frank at the moat of the Imperial Palace
Ok... so how was I supposed to know that the Emperor's East garden was going to be closed in preparation for New Years Day.
So instead of going to the garden we walked the mile or so to Tokyo Tower. But seeing that the line was a 2hour + wait to get up the tower... we opted to go to a temple at the base of the hill before going to church.

Here's Frank at the Jehovah's Witness center. He was totally happy to go and we were happy to make him happy. Though it was kinda weird to go to a church service... especially for a religion that I don't agree with. but... anything for family.
And we finished off the night by going for a berry crepe in Harajuku. Yummy!!!

No comments: