Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Wednesday, December 10, 2008

too busy to blog


I have been super busy recently. Job interviews for next April, researching my next paper for my MA program and finishing up the semester at my high school. Busy, Busy, Busy.
  • Yesterday I finally finished final exams, but I have to go in tomorrow and log in all of my grades. As soon as that is done, I am free (with pay) until January 8th. YEAH!!!
  • On Monday, I had a second interview for a High School job in Saitama, but I didn't get the job because they wanted someone who A: spoke conversational Japanese and B: willing to possibly relocate to the countryside. But it's OK, because if they had offered me the job I probably would have turned it down because...
  • I am up for another position closer to home. Close enough I could probably ride my bike!! The school is just 3 stops over on the Seibu Ikebukuro Line. I went in to the company office again for a more detailed information session and I learned that I am the only person that they are taking to the final interview at the school. They said, I am the only candidate up for this job. YEAH!!! So the only one who can screw this interview up is me. I am very hopeful!!!! I'll let you know more about it if I get this JRS/HS position.
  • My 2nd research paper is progressing very slowly. Next week I am devoting my life to getting something on paper. I hope to have a complete rough draft done before Juan's cousin arrives on the 22nd. So If I disappear for a week or so that is why. I'm STUDYING!!!!
That's about it for now. Juan is working on our New Years Cards and hopefully they will actually arrive before New Years this year!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season. J n J.

No comments: