Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ramen = Goodness in my belly


After a day of drinking and eating in Yoyogi Park, we headed off to an Irish Pub in Shibuya around nightfall. And after many pints of Guinness and many plates of french fries some of us were truly good and wasted. There is only one thing that can really be done at this point... Eat some ramen!!One of the girls we had met that day knew of a 500 Yen ($5) ramen shop down the street. This ramen shop was an old fashion place. The only things on the menu were Ramen and beer, but mostly ramen. The house 500Yen speciality was a Tonkotsu or pork bone ramen.

Eating a bowl of ramen after a night of drinking may sound strange to some of you... so let me explain. Eating Ramen in Japan is like eating Denny's/IHOP/ your favorite local diner/Fish and Chips shop/menudo/Del Taco/any other fast food restaurant that you would eat when you are super drunk or nursing a killer hangover the next day. It is the cure to your drinking woes! It's delicious and even though I rarely eat it... I love it!!!

No comments: