Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cheap Eats.


Getting a lot for a little is important in this day and age. That's why I do our day to day shopping at the Lawson 100 store. Bread, milk, eggs, pasta, snacks etc... all our daily needs are met for 100 yen (105 plus tax). FYI, as of today, 100Yen is equal to 1.02USD.

I still need to go to the regular supermarket for meat. I stop by the local veggie/fruit stand on my bike ride home. That only leaves going to the expensive upscale market for exotic goods like chips n salsa. Now that I say that... it sure seems like I do a lot of food shopping. Where's a super Wal-mart when you need it.



No comments: