Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, June 18, 2009

On my way home

My new school is just a 15 minute bike ride from door to door. I love it!!! I can't believe I worked downtown last year. 90 minutes, 2 buses and 2 trains... FORGETABOUTIT! So, I thought I would share some of the highlights of my great 15 minute ride home everyday. Enjoy!!!!

A little local shrine.


A calligraphy school. These are popular with elementary school children. Traditional families will send their kids to calligraphy lessons once a week like others send theirs to piano, swimming, dance or English lessons.

Matsuya! My favorite Japanese fast food chain. Salad, rice bowl and miso soup for 5 bucks and and it will be sitting in front of you in under a minute from ordering. I love watching all the action at Matsuya. The restaurant runs like a finely tuned machine.

Mr. Donut is like the Dunkin' Doughnuts of Japan, but unfortunately it's not as sinfully delicious as Dunkin' Doughnuts.

Take out sushi shop. The case looks a little empty for 4pm. They better make some more trays up before everyone gets off work.


Our favorite little Tonkatsu bento shop. We even have a point card.


A little fruit n vegetable shop. There's a nice old couple that runs it.


Rice shop. The rice rice is so fresh they will de-husk and polish it for you.


1 of 2 100Yen shops on my way home. The other one is newer, but this one has a larger inventory and the clerks recognize me.


And here's another little shrine, but this time it's just a minute from our apartment.
Thus concludes my daily bike tour. I hope it gave you a closer look at our little nook in Nerima-ku. Ja ne!

No comments: