Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Friday, July 31, 2009

Princess School???



The last week of July I was sleeping in my own bed, but I was spending my days in Chiba (the prefecture Northeast of Tokyo). Going to Chiba wouldn't be that bad if I didn't live on the far west side of Tokyo-to. I was traveling something like 6 hours a day round trip. I was teaching a week long intensive presentation and reading skills themed seminar to advanced Jr. high school girls in the Chiba country side. The girls were were so nice that I decided to make our last day together super fun. All of their activities were princess themed.

Craft: make princess crown/tiara
Reading and worksheets: Cinderella story
Song: Alladin's "A Whole New World"
Dialogue/speaking practice: I took a scene from "The Princess Diaries" and the students had to improv what the characters were saying. So FUN!!!
Lunch: we watched the rest of "The Princess Diaries" and I brought candy for a dessert surprise
Speech writing: "If I was a princess"
Princess presentations
Royal ending ceremonies to the seminar.



No comments: