Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Monday, August 24, 2009

Another week... another trip to Akibahara

After, just visiting there two weeks ago, Juan decided that he wanted to go back to Akibahara for a new 1 terabyte hard drive.

This is Yodibashi Camera in Akihabara. It's the biggest electronics store in Akiba and always crowded with people who pay full price and who probably don't know how to shop at all of the the cheaper back-alleyway stores in the Electric City. If it wasn't for Juan, I wouldn't know either.

The majority of the streets are filled with men. Guys that are interested in computers, manga, photography, anime, maid cafes, gaming and any and every other nerd endeavor.

Occasionally, you do see the token girlfriend, wife or female otaku (nerd), but usually the only women you see are tourists and cafe workers. Maid cafes are the most popular cafes in Akihabara, but you can also find a variety of other themed cafes. I think these girls work at some manga themed cafe. They have traditional clothing on, but if you look closely, you can also find rabbit and cat ears.

On the spur of the moment, we decided to finally buy me my very own net-book. We have been talking about getting me one for some time now and since we have been working so hard this summer, we couldn't see a reason not to buy a new net-book. This is the Asus EeePC 1000HA. It's pretty spiffy. I don't really understand any of the techno mumbo jumbo, but Juan is pretty jealous that it's me that is getting a new computer and not the usual other way around. All my new computer needs now is a large sparkly hello kitty decal. That way, I'm assured that Juan won't come within 5 feet of it.


As usual, we left in good spirits. We ended up buying the computer and the hard disk at the same store. Which turned out to be a great thing because after all the points we accumulated from the computer purchase, Juan's new hard-disk was only 30 bucks! All's well that ends well. Especially when bargain hunting with Juan in Akihabara.

No comments: