Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Friday, August 28, 2009

I attend another camp

So... I took on another summer camp. This time it was a great group of high school students from Chiba. I was a little surprised to see a one car train, with old fashion punch tickets, but nothing prepared me for the inaka (countryside) I was about to enter. The station I ended up getting off at didn't even have a station master, but luckily there was a taxi waiting to take me to my school.After a couple hours of study at the school, we took a 30 minute bus trip to our hotel. I have to say, it was the nicest camp I attended all summer. This is the view from my private room. once you look past the parking lot, all you can see are trees for miles!!

I have to say, that these students were great to teach. They were very enthusiastic and nice. And all though they were tired, they kept speaking English and staying awake in my classes until the required 10pm every night.

The best part of this camp was that there was actually break times. A spare hour here and there throughout the day to rest, sleep, plan, take a bath and eat some ice cream. So many camps try to pack every hour of the day with English lessons, but after about 4 hours...everyone, including me, needs a break. On the second day of camp, we all got to make some pottery. Everyone else made cups, but I felt adventurous and attempted to make a vase. I think my piece was the second best of everyone.

All in All, this camp was very pleasurable to teach. I hope to see them again next year.

No comments: