Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year

Even though Japan has the same zodiac signs as China, Japan celebrates New Year's in January not in February. Since I forgot to show a picture of our neighborhood rhino in January, I thought it would be acceptable to show you it now. Meet out Rhino!!!!

When we originally moved to Minami-Tanaka it was a sad, old looking, hornless, gray rhino. However, starting last year they decided to give their rhino a paint job at the beginning of January... black and white like a cow because it was the year of the cow (Sorry. No pictures.). So I wasn't totally surprised this year when they turned their rhino into a tiger, but it sure is bright. No matter how cold or wet the weather is (and has been recently), it always makes me smile. I hope you like it too.

Happy (belated) Chinese New Year's Everyone!
Happy Year of the Tiger!

No comments: