Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Snow


After living for five years in the Kanto plain of Japan, I have noticed a trend in snow. It snows precisely every other year, no more and no less. Last year... no snow. Three years ago... no snow. So I knew we were due for a few flakes sometime before Valentine's Day and last night it came. We went to bed in a winter wonderland, but upon waking up it had already begun to melt. Such is life. One minute you are enjoying the novelty of a romantic evening of looking out the window while being bundled up inside with a cup of tea and the next moment you are trying not to die as you walk down the icy stairs outside of your apartment. Maybe we'll get lucky later in the week so we can take some proper pictures. Ja Ne!!

No comments: