Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Monday, April 05, 2010

Bangkok Days 5 and 6

Our last day in Bangkok was mellow. Juan and I just enjoyed the good food around our hotel, some shopping in the department store that was connected to our hotel (yeah deodorant), getting foot massages, getting a few more snacks for Japanese obligatory gift giving and collecting our tailored clothing. We didn't even take our cameras out all day. It was a good way to end our vacation.

Our private driver awoke us around 4:30 am to take us to the airport in time for our 7am return flight. It was a little brutal, but the flight was only 5 hours and almost everyone slept the entire way.


Upon exiting the plane, I immediately started mentally beating up Juan for inadvertently packing our light jackets. Unfortunately for us, Tokyo had been hit by a cold front and we were in short sleeves. On our way home it even started to sleet. We got stares everywhere we went. People are in parkas and scarves and I am in a light skirt and sandals. But, eventually I got the jackets out of the suitcases, we got to Shakujikoen-station, grabbed a katsu bento and took a taxi home.

It's really nice to be home. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom and it's beautiful!!

No comments: