Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas


Christmas Classes.
Life has been pretty good the past two weeks at school. Teaching Christmas theme classes are a breeze.
WIth my third and fouth graders we were working on shapes... cirlce, square, oval, star, rectangle... rectangle is my word of the month. I friggin love saying it. Go ahead... say it aloud. REC- TANGLE. It sounds funny!!!
Add a little coloring activity in, decorate a christmas tree and 45 minutes wiz by. I even got a song in. However, after this month I can say that I never want to sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas ever again!
With my fith and sixth graders I decieded to make christmas cards. There was no time to sing any songs... they needed the entire 40 minutes to design their cards along with an extra 5 mins to decorate their tree. Therefore... I was doing a whole lot of nothing.
But I do think my coloring skills improved over the week. I probably made no less than 100 ornaments for the fake paper trees I had in each class. Good times.
Unfortunatly all my classes can not be like this... but it was a nice way to end the year. Oh well, I can't complain too much. After today I don't have to go back to work until January 10th. Don't you wish you became a teacher instead of some CPA, Doctor, Lawer ect...??? HAHAHHAHAHA! LATER GATER!

No comments: