Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Thursday, August 03, 2006

I AM ALIVE

I most certainly am alive and well. I am alive and currently in AMERICA. I am sorry about the no post thing, but work has completely consumed my life for the past month. Flashcards needed to be pasted, classes needed to be formatted and 6 completely innovative and separate tiring seminars had to be given. After speaking my engrish (not a misspelling) for two weeks straight I was talking the same way to my friends (sorry guys). My seminars went great! Everyone was impressed about the work that went into them and the Board of Education was pleased. YEAH!!!!

SO... Right now I am in Washington State at my Mom's place in Gig Harbor. My jet lag is almost completely gone... Due to the fact that I haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time in three days (I can never sleep on planes no matter how many cocktails I imbibe). Today is my first full day back in my native country. No culture shock yet.. But I am having fashion shock. People in Airports dress like complete slobs!

My Mom's new pad is home-y and I feel at ease knowing I am around my touchstone. For some people it's a place... But since I have moved around a lot on my life... My mother is my touchstone. And no matter where we meet ... When I am around her I feel at home.

I promise to take time to back post this week and put up all sorts of crazy pictures from the rest of July's weekends of Japanese fun. Until then... Take it easy and I promise to post again really soon!
Jody

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Glad to hear you are safely in America, Jody-chan! Have a wonderful couple of weeks!

Anonymous said...

Hey have a brilliant break in the States! Safe travels!
Dave