Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Whale of a Tale

In case you didn't know... in Japan, at your local fish market (sometimes your local supermarket), you can obtain whale meat. Peaceful, large, going extinct whales. This controversial food just adds to my theory that Japanese will eat anything that come out of the sea... even if it's a mammal.

The Japan Times currently has several articles in their Sunday Features about the whaling ban along with several different viewpoints of this highly debated issue.

As I was reading through several of these articles, I happened to notice the same large, pink whale advertisement on every page. So I was highly surprised to notice that Green Peace has launched a full fledged attempt to educate Japanese people about whaling. They are documenting their travels around Japan to promote discussion about the distribution and consumption of whale meat. Their site is in both Japanese and English and highly educational. Check it out!

No comments: