Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Monday, March 17, 2008

Who are the people in your neighborhood?

Did you know there is a small order of Catholic Japanese Nuns in my neighborhood?? Neither did I! When living in places like Mexico or Italy one would expect to catch a glimpse of a wimpled sister from time to time. But seeing at least one ordered nun a day near your tiny apartment in the suburbs of Tokyo is highly strange. We see them all the time. Last week we saw three habited sisters buying pancake mix at the supermarket. Life is so weird sometimes.

Of course, some nuns are more in tune with the Asian culture more than others


Like this sister who kills members of the Japanese Mafia for God with her holy nunchucks. HAHAHA

NUN-CHUCKS!!!


And we can't talk about nuns in Japan without mentioning our fair sisters of the St. Grace Court Cafe in Akihabara. Where for the right donation they will serve you tea and get down on their knees and pray for your wicked soul.

No comments: