Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Sunday, July 27, 2008

Showa Kinen Fireworks


Juan and I stepped out into the hot summer night to see the 1  1/2 hour firework festival at Showa Kinen Park. 


This is the largest Hanabi on the west side of Tokyo. WEST SIDE!!!!!
Unlike, the Sumida Gawa Hanabi (East Side of Tokyo, near Asakusa) Juan and I had no problem finding a comfy piece of grass to lay our blue tarps down on. Which was great, because it gave me an opportunity to find some good food vendors. I even found a taco stand that served corona beer. 

Even though there were light showers, the misting rain was refreshing in the oppressively humid Tokyo summer night. We defiantly recommend this Hanabi over all others in Tokyo. 

No comments: