Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Saturday, October 11, 2008

Conjunctivitis YEAH???

Yep.. I have conjuntivitis .... a.k.a.  Pink Eye. I have no idea how I got it, but I got it. The doctor thinks it was a reaction to my weaker immune system after my bad earache last week and my now inflamed tonsils. No need to worry though, I am on three types of antibiotics and am healing up OK. I still have a slight fever and everything is still a little painful and gooey, but I hopefully will be able to go back to school on Tuesday without any major problems. Monday is another holiday (I love fall in Japan... so many holidays!) so I have an extra day to recover. 

So... I went to a local clinic in Asagaya that actually spoke some English (Thanks Kumiko!). The nurses and pharmacists were all so cute saying Pu-re-zu Fe-ar Be-ta and Get-to We-ru.  Guess how much a trip to the doctors and 3 kinds of antibiotics cost me. OK... I'll give you a hint... I am considered middle class and am therefore obligated to pay 30% of my hospital bills. Give UP??? 

Total price of doctor's visit and medicine ... 2,000 Yen or about 20 bucks! I love national health care!!! Because Juan and I are considered middle class and we are married, we pay about $70 a month each for national health care. That's it! I love Japan. I may never come home. Sorry America! LOL!

No comments: