Local Time in Nippon (Japan)

The local time is

New Year's News

New Year's News

I have been sick since before Xmas, I have stayed home for almost two week. I am getting better and I hope to be better in time for work.


Sunday, February 15, 2009

A treat for my Valentine



Happy Valentines to all my blog readers!!! Feb. 14th was pretty quiet around the Leon homestead. We woke up sometime around 10 and enjoyed a relaxing day at home. Yesterday was a strangely warm day that "set record highs in more than 105 places throughout Japan" !!! It hit almost 24 degrees Celsius (about 75 Fahrenheit) in the middle of February!! Hmmmm, yeah... I don't think we are going to get any snow this year. Today's weather has dropped back down to 15 C (59 F), which is pretty normal.

Anywhoo... back to Valentines Day.... because Valentines Day in Japan (to the dismay of may foreign women) is exclusively for and in honor of men, I decided to make a huge brunch for Mr. Jaun. Eggs Benedict Florentine, bacon, home fries, heart shaped pancakes and fresh strawberries. Shockingly enough... after this feast, we didn't eat for the remainder of the day. Later last night I made homemade peanut butter cups for Juan (because you can not find them anywhere is Japan (trust me... I've looked)) and because Han-do-mai-du (handmade) chocolates are considered much more romantic here. The recipe was pretty simple, however eating them is rather messy. Delicious and Messy! Here's the recipe just in case you are hunkering for some Peanut Butter Cups!!!! Hope your Valentines Day was just as delicious as ours. MUAH!!!
P.S. Happy 22nd Anniversary Sue and Dad! Many happy returns!!!

No comments: